The CCPIT, Zhuhai Sub-council executes its duty under the instructions of the Zhuhai Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau in compliance with related laws, regulations and stipulations of foreign trade policies. Its responsibilities include:
1. Building up relationships with the industrial and commercial circles of other countries or regions, inviting and receiving economic and trade delegations or visitors from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and other countries, recommending trade opportunities in Zhuhai and seeking cooperative partners for enterprises;
2. Organizing trade and economic cooperation delegations for foreign commercial inspections, preparing and holding international conferences on the economy, trade, investment, technology and market;
3. Handling the application and management of (or participation in) economic and trade exhibitions abroad and foreign exhibitions in Zhuhai; conducting (or undertaking) of local economic and trade exhibitions abroad, participating in international exhibitions and conducting (or undertaking) foreign exhibitions and commodities fairs held in Zhuhai in accordance with relevant regulations;
4. Issuing origination certificates for export commodities, transacting the attestation of relevant files and documents and emitting certificates of force majeure in accordance with relevant regulations;
5. Providing enterprises and group members with consultation on foreign economic and trade laws and regulations and training services; interceding in disputes related to foreign economy and trade;
6. Collecting and distributing information on demand and supply both at home and abroad and opportunities for investment cooperation, editing and publishing useful publications; undertaking other business assigned by the municipal government, CCPIT ( CCOIC) and/or the Zhuhai Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau
7. Transacting other business related to the promotion of economic and trade development.