The BSF Choral Programme
The British Schools Foundation Choral Programme provides conservatory-standard musical training in the English Choral Tradition. Every season, under the direction of the Artistic Director and the BSF Children's Choir's dedicated artistic staff, choristers:
• Engage in a comprehensive programme of vocal training and performance protocol in weekly rehearsals;
• Learn to read musical notation and understand key musical concepts as an integral part of chorister development;
• Receive exposure to foreign languages through repertoire study;
• Explore text and music interpretation; and
• Gain access to some of China's most renowned performing arts organizations, artists, and arts leaders through exciting and innovative performances.
BSF Choirs are structured into four individual sections, each named after British composers; Byrd, Purcell, Parry and Elgar. The four-level sequential curriculum is delivered by experienced, British-trained choral instructors.