The Shenzhen General Chamber of Commerce (SZGCC) is a joint organization composed of Shenzhen business enterprises and high-profile individuals. SZGCC stands for and safeguards the legal rights and interests of its members, as well as acting as a bridge to overseas business circles. The SZGCC has a membership which covers a wide spectrum of corporations operating within diverse sectors of the economy, including large state-owned corporations, limited liability companies, collectively-owned enterprises, township and village enterprises and private enterprises. The SZGCC aims to provide links between government and members, maintain fair competition, assist both the government and enterprises to advance and implement new policies, expand cooperation channels to boost domestic and foreign trade and promote economic development in Shenzhen.
Main Functions of the SZGCC:
(1) To represent the interests of enterprises and business circles when participating in government and political affairs;
(2) To assist the government in managing and guiding overall business policy;
(3) To safeguard legal rights and interests of both members and business circles;
(4) To provide enterprises with beneficial services;
(5) To help the government and enterprises expand channels for both domestic and foreign trade.